Sun 22 Aug 2010
Cross-posted from my Autistry Studios blog.
We built the layout on a block of pink foam-board and glued 1/4″ plywood on the sides and bottom making a light but extremely rigid foundation.
Ryan soldered all the electrical connections.
Here the ground has been painted and the track has been airbrushed. Ryan is cleaning the paint off the tops of the rails.
The temptation to run some trains as soon as possible was irresistible.
Next we ballasted all the track.
Then we got Ryan started building some structures. He quickly mastered the plastic buildings.
We have placed the buildings on the layout and we’ll blend the bases into the scenery in the coming weeks.
Ready for some more scenery, grass, trees and trains.